We are seeking to interview diverse people who have experienced image-based abuse as an adult. By ‘image-based abuse’, we mean the taking, sharing or threatening to share intimate images without the consent of the person depicted in the image. An ‘intimate image’ can be a photo, or video, including deepfakes.
Who we would like to speak to
To investigate the effectiveness of digital tools and interventions to detect, prevent and respond to image-based abuse, we are looking to speak to diverse people who:
- Are over the age of 18;
- Were over the age of 18 when their experience of image-based abuse took place; and
- Are available to participate in a 60-minute interview (online, face-to-face, or by phone).
You do not need to live in Australia to be interviewed
We would like to hear from you if you live in Australia or any other country. The only requirement is that you speak English.
What participation involves
- Taking part in a 60-minute interview with one of the researchers from the project team (online, face-to-face, or by phone).
- Answering questions about your experience(s).
- You will be able to stop and take a break at any time and you can choose not to respond to a specific question if you do not want to.
- You can also choose to end the interview at any time.
Participation is voluntary and anonymised
- Your participation is completely voluntary.
- All information about you will be anonymised after the interview.
- You will be reimbursed for your time with a voucher.
How to express interest
To express interest in participating, or to ask us a question about the project, please fill out the online form below or email us at email@example.com. A member of our research team will get back to you as soon as possible.